837 N Spring St #103
Job Category: Electrical Engineer
Job Number: 19375
Printed Circuit Board Designer
The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background designing printed power electronics and mixed analog and high-speed digital circuit boards per engineering requirements.
The candidate will demonstrate self-motivation and own the execution of project/program tasks, confidently challenge traditional conventions and recommend new effective approaches.
- Collaborating with engineers and design teams in the design and development of complex, detailed layouts of FR4 and metal core printed circuit board.
- All designs have tight mechanical and thermal constraints with signal integrity and EMI/EMC challenges
- The PCB Designer will also be responsible for Parts management including creating and maintaining the parts database and researching and suggesting alternate parts as needed.
- Work with multiple design teams to plan schedules, resolve costs, packaging, manufacturing, and electrical design issues.
- Propose PCB design trade-offs to the engineering design team for resolution and implementation.
- Minimum of an Associate’ s degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent work experience along with 7 years’ minimum experience in designing printed circuit boards, multilayer, digital, high speed, analog, power supplies, high current, thick copper, high voltage, FR4 PCBs and MCPCB.
Proficiency with Altium designer
- Schematic symbols and PCB footprint library management practices as needed
- Experience with Agile product development methodologies
- Experience with Subversion (SVN) and/or GIT version control repositories are nice to have
- Possess proficient knowledge of the IPC guidelines
- Strong skills in problem-solving, communication, personal effectiveness, quality, and common sense.
- Must be detail oriented and a team player.
- Can work effectively and professionally with others.
- Self-starter, motivated