20101 Hamilton Ave Suite 375
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Web Developer
Job Number: 19485
Our client is seeking a PHP, front-end developer to work on multiple website properties. This role starts as a contractor with potential to move to full-time based on performance.The position will be working on multiple Wordpress websites for both B2C and B2B. This will include editing, removing, updating and creating from scratch multiple pages and entire websites.
Team and Process:
The developer will work closely, on site, with a UI/UX designer, content writers and an SEO specialist. Developer with work in Scrum methodology with one-week sprints.
- Support digital team in web-based projects
- Maintain and develop front-end features and custom themes for several custom WordPress sites
- Work with UI/UX designer on developing pages based on approved design mockups with supported style guides and assets.
- Work with SEO specialist in optimizing websites and pages.
- Work with content writers in editing copy and content on websites and pages.
- Develop responsive websites and landing pages
- Fully manage all Wordpress plugins (install, update, test and debug)
- Contribute to cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display
- Participate in architectural discussions and present technical recommendations
- Create documentation, provide estimates, and work with project stakeholders
- Actively optimize website and page performance
- Takes the initiative to experiment with new ideas and technologies.
- Anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Ensures code is maintainable and supportable.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related field
- 3-5 years coding with PHP
- 5+ years working with Wordpress
- 6+years creating responsive websites