The Director, PMO is responsible for the overall project and program management function and team; providing leadership, coordination, strategic direction, and management of all PMO processes and functions. Working with a broad group of business, product and technology leaders, this individual will ensure prioritization and successful delivery of initiatives across the Legal vertical of our client.
- Prioritize, execute, and deliver projects within multiple areas of the company.
- Strategically advise on projects priorities, options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on other business priorities.
- Ensure alignment of projects and requirements to strategic objectives.
- Provide transparent frequent updates, manage sponsor expectations, and keep all stakeholders informed of the progress of all projects.
- Lead the identification and implementation of the project management processes and methodologies best suited to support the evolving needs of product and project delivery teams.
- Oversee project management team, providing insight to project management practices, training and oversight.
- Direct the management, implementation, and reporting of multiple large and complex projects: develop timelines, make staffing decisions based on assessment of team member' s skills and workloads, and identify potential obstacles.
- Provide training and development opportunities and serve in a mentoring role for the team.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing programs with multiple projects/work streams (ideally in a web/software company).
- Demonstrated experience and implementation success with various agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong ability to use project management tracking and reporting tools such as JIRA.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMI-ACP preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or Master’ s in Computer Science or Business Administration a plus.
- Ability to travel to Seattle (up to 50%)
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects from inception to completion, and manage multiple deadlines between cross functional teams.
- Demonstrates skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and thrives on multitasking.