6312 S Fiddlers Green Cir
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Information Architect
Job Number: 19304
The Payment Solutions Architect works under the direction of the team’ s Manager. The role acts as a subject matter expert for credit card payments in the development, configuration, support, and deployment of new initiatives and existing products/systems. The role will oversee the payment design and integration of new deployments, enhancements, upgrades, and updates for all internal organizations.
The role works closely with Business Solution Architects, Project Managers, Vendors, other members of the IT department and internal business stakeholders, to ensure the new implementations and/or enhancements are completed successfully and on time. The Payment Solutions Architect must communicate specifications and requirements to all involved with the development of a product/system to ensure understanding of expectations as defined by payment industry specifications.
The role is a very collaborative one as it will require continuous interaction within the multiple areas within the IT department but also with internal and external stakeholders as it relates to configuration, testing, implementation and overall stakeholder satisfaction.
- Responsible for the Design, Customization, and Implementation of robust, secure, scalable systems across n-tier platforms. The Architect will also help set the product direction and be responsible for evaluating and incorporating emerging standards and new technologies.
- Act as subject matter expert during the deployment of new and existing initiatives/systems. Including enhancements, upgrades, updates, and patches if applicable included in the payment card process.
- Review software update release notes, ensure compatibility, communicate feature changes to employees, and validate updates to the system.
- Assist with writing test cases for Quality Assurance.
- Identifies and researches changes in payment standards and emerging technologies.
- Works closely with IT Helpdesk and Restaurant Support to ensure appropriate project documentation is available in the Transition/Run book for each new initiative or enhancement release. This also applies for changed/modified functionality on a new product or service.
- Manages the technical relationship with credit card and gift card processing partners.
- Manage payment issues, chargebacks, and adjustments with all active payment systems and applications including gift card platforms.
- Identify inconsistencies and identify opportunities to improve the Digital Guest Journey through all ordering processes.
- Monitor payment systems performance using internal and third-party tools.
- Support, resolve and document issues that arise in the architecture. This may include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture.
- Work across IT teams to ensure the environment is fully utilizing available technology to enhance productivity and improve work processes.
- Coordinates with appropriate personnel to evaluate system capabilities and translate operational requirements into system configuration development.
- Considers and evaluates the configuration interoperability between new proposed solutions vs. existing solutions in use at company for the most effective and efficient development, configuration, and implementation.
- Collaborate with the, Business Relationship Director, Business Solution Architect, Project Manager and other members of the IT department.
- Coordinates and performs in depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new system application.
- Continuous education and market knowledge development to understand new trends within existing payment solutions as well as new initiatives as it relates to existing systems.
- Approaches projects and stakeholders in an empathetic manner to understand the needs and the best approach of how to accomplish the intended results in a collaborative way. Fosters communication among all involved with the product/system being developed.
- Point of technical escalation for Project Managers and other IT Resources during product/system testing and deployment.
- Adhere to organizational ITIL and ITSM standards
- Support the Business Solution Architect’ s design/architect and facilitates final technical review and approval of development
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment managing a range of situations involving business stakeholders, vendor partners and technical resources.
- Complete projects thoroughly and according to project plans
- Submit detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc).
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Available for on-call and emergency response as needed
- Identify and escalate business and technical opportunities as appropriate
- Off hour work and overnight travel may be required
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with business stakeholders, vendors and staff.
- Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Radiant product suite including Aloha and MenuLink is preferred
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science (preferred)
- Associate’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Advanced knowledge of PCI standards and their application
- 6 – 8 years of experience working in or directly related to Payment Card Industry
- 3 – 6 years of experience in providing support for business applications
- 3 – 6 years of demonstrated proficiency working with troubleshooting and support of end users.
- Strong understanding of application programming interfaces
- Radiant MenuLink Back Office Suite
- Aloha POS
- 3rd party tools/utilities
- Current system/hardware configurations
- Experience in ITIL a plus
- The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to provide solutions to a customer’ s technical business problem.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills to work with the business on requirements
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills as it relates to the interoperability of new and existing solutions
- Basic PC and Windows experience
- Inherent curiosity to troubleshoot effectively
- Equipment – Computer, Photocopier, ERP software, Telephone
- Work Environment – Typical office environment; must be able to perform work at Home Office
- Travel - Infrequently
- Physical Effort
- 80% of time desk work at Home Office
- 20% work on solutions on IT lab, RR data centers or restaurant locations