200 Continental Blvd 3rd Floor
Job Category: C++
Job Number: 19660
Principal Systems Engineer
Participate in system and process design for enhancing the existing systems and developing new functionality or systems.
• Responsible for the conversion of business and logical requirements into detailed technical specifications which include the testing requirements for verification of implementation.
• Formulates, designs and test the sub-system components primarily utilizing C, C++ or C#.NET, HTML5, JAVA, JQuery programming languages.
• Interact with the QA group and/or GCC group to resolve issues.
• Act as liaison to related department areas such as Programming, Sustaining Programming, Quality Assurance and Documentation to maintain communications regarding technical information relating to the software development.
Knowledge and Skills
Education & Training:
• Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science. Masters in Computer Science will be a plus
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in systems programming
- Must have excellent working knowledge of one of the programming tools such as “ C”, C++, JAVA, C#.NET, HTML5/JQuery programming language. Must have 2-3 years of working knowledge under UNIX/Linux or IIS environment
- Previous work experience with PROIV Kernel or Client is a plus
- Must be familiar with Web Based application development and must have experience with web services running under IIS
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of the Windows development environment and Unix/Linux
- Development environments and tools.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of database driven systems.
- Expertise in C/C++ Programming or Expertise in web based application development tools such as HTML5/JQuery/WCF/C#.NET, Angular
- Working Knowledge of different database such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and ODBC connection. Familiarity of OCI Call will be a plus
- The ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and work effectively in fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed. Able to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate. Able to use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.