1 Duette Way
Job Category: Engineer
Job Number: 19697
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and create standard work for fabrication departments.
- Monitor process and operators for adherence to standard.
- Analyze, monitor and improve performance of operations related metrics (e.g. Efficiency, Escape Quality, Rework, Work in Process, Scrap, etc.).
- Standardize processes across division plants.
- Drive continuous improvement activities within operations processes.
- Report and perform root cause analysis on top issues.
- Work with MFG Division on specifications and standardization.
- Drive operational excellence and best practices across the network reducing costs, improving quality, and increasing efficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering or work experience equivalent.
- 5-10 years of Engineering, Quality, and/or Operations management.
- Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma training/certification a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong business relationships
- Ability to enforce process discipline
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in a changing environment
- Strong understanding of and commitment to manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement practices
- Experience in continuous improvement tools such as Kaizen, 5S, one-piece-flow, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand issues, get to root cause and plan corrective actions.
Location: Salt Lake City