2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy
Job Category: Product Manager
Job Number: 19479
Senior Technical Product Owner
Essential Functions of the Job:
- As a Product Owner contribute to business outcomes and roadmap definition, defining system roadmap required to meet core business outcomes, and creating high quality features and user stories to deliver on those outcomes.
- Maintains the Product backlog using input from Stakeholders and Product Vision, responsible for the building, editing and maintaining of the team backlog encompassing all epics, features, user stories, defects.
- Manage tradeoffs between scope and schedule with business demands and ensures business value is being delivered.
- Responsible for ensuring backlog is ready for iteration planning, acting as a subject matter expert on the details and priority of all items in the backlog.
- Provide thought leadership on how scenarios and features will be implemented to the agile development team.
- Ability to manage multiple releases concurrently.
- Strong Stakeholder/consumer management by developing and sustaining strong working relationships with business and engineering teams
- Ability to present and represent owned services to senior leadership as needed.
- Ensure deliverables are defined properly with appropriate acceptance criteria with necessary assets and ensuring final accepted products are of the highest quality.
- Accountable for business use case gathering and definition.
- Accountable for Definition of Acceptance Criteria and User Stories to ensure the delivery team is empowered with the necessary information.
- Ensure that the team always has groomed backlog to pick stories
- Manages and publishes roadmaps to ensure Stakeholders are informed.
- Participate in team demos and retrospectives, accepting quality work while ensuring constant process improvement throughout the lifecycle.
- Coordinate dependencies across product lines with the product management team.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum/tech best practices and new trends
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
- Makes key decisions based upon input from Managers and Stakeholders; solid understanding of Tech principles and business objectives.
- Applies judgment in implementing methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include UX, information security, code maintainability and reliability
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years Agile software product owner experience
- 5+ years experience working in technical teams
- Experience with web applications and microservices.
- Experience with a majority of the technology toolset listed below is a big plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment, the ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and crisis management
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement, quality methodology and project/operations delivery skills
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated creative problem-solving, analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex, technical concepts in a clear concise language.
- Strong customer management and negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the advantages of standards in a technical environment
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, openly communicate, present and negotiate effectively.
- AWS: CloudFront, Route 53, RDS, Aurora
- AWS: API Gateway, Lambda, Serverless, S3
- ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana (ELK)