800 Corporate Pointe
Job Category: System Engineer
Job Number: 19287
Production Support Engineer
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Deploy highly available, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure with a focus on Azure (AWS is a plus) using industry best practices.
- Define and implement infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to migrate workloads into Azure.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration process.
- Work closely with the Development and Operations teams to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of Azure/SQL Database technologies (both IaaS and PaaS) and options to support the migration process. This will include and not limited to Azure database migration technologies and refactoring options.
- Work closely with product owners, to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables
- Application rationalization, scoring, mapping dependencies and define roadmaps to support the application migration
- Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems to ensure compliancy with mandated policies (e.g., HIPAA)
- Document, Document, Document for hardware, operating system, and software configuration.
- Participate in design reviews, system testing, production code releases, and data modelling for development projects.
- Provide level 1-3 technical support for SQL Server database related issues.
- Participate in a 7x24 on-call rotation.
- 5 - 7 years cumulative experience designing and developing enterprise data architecture technologies and a successful track record in implementing such architectures
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Cloud Infrastructure (VM, VNET, User defined routes, Azure Site Recovery, Traffic Manager, Azure Automation, Storage, ARM Templates, Azure Load balancer, API Gateway and Azure AD)
- On-premise infrastructure (AD, DNS, VMWare, Hyper-V, Netscaler Load balancer, firewalls, routing)
- SQL DBA experience
- VSTS, Jenkins, Github, Ansible
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Azure and 3rd party monitoring tools
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based operating system configuration, automation and management