5000 Airport Plaza Drive Suite 200
Job Category: PM
Job Number: 19213
The Technical Project Manager will manage IT project delivery for our client’ s highest priority projects. This is a critical IT role at the forefront of delivering value to customers and the business. The Technical Project Manager will insure expectations are managed appropriately, and requirements, deliverables, dependencies, issues and risks are well understood by internal stakeholders, third parties and customers. This role will work closely with the IT Portfolio Manager and IT Leaders to coordinate resource allocations across all teams. Exceptional communication and collaboration skills are required to keep stakeholders and contributors informed on project activities and accomplishments, as well as leverage technical acumen to solve problems.
- Ensure all parties clearly understand delivery expectations and customer requirements.
- Proactively manage scope with the customer and ensure a proper change control process is followed.
- Manage project activities and schedules and drive projects to closure.
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders, including appropriate escalation of issues.
- Proactively resolve project impediments, inclusive of technical specifications and designs, workflows, infrastructure components, operational issues and vendor services.
- Maintains current technical knowledge of integration methods, software development, and infrastructure components to effectively manage project outcomes.
- Regularly meet with project teams to insure work is progressing as planned. Anticipate and plan for resource availability for approved projects waiting to start.
- Proactively report and communicate status to stakeholders in each region as well as to customers.
- Lead cross functional teams.
- Adheres to VLS standard project management methodologies and tools including Team Headquarters, Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Manages several resources as direct reports when assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Always comply with Company policies including, but not limited to, those contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Always comply with the company’ s Code of Conduct.
- Communicate in a clear and direct manner through the spoken and written word so as to contribute to a positive working environment; listen well.
- Seek to improve existing procedures to increase productivity and/or revenue.
- Act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; use reason; be open to change.
- Organize and plan workloads and develop realistic action plans so as to achieve objectives; display commitment to individual, departmental, and company objectives.
- Follow standard processes and policies.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer systems or information systems management related majors
- At least 10 years of experience working in an IT development and/or support function
- 5 years of experience managing multiple technical projects
- 5 years of experience managing resources as direct reports
- Extensive experience with Software Development Life Cycles, Deliverables, workflows, conceptual and technical designs, IT project management and incident reporting tools
- Experience coordinating and managing offshore project teams
- Logistics industry experience
- Understanding and familiarity with the shipping industry
- PMP Certification preferred
- Computer skills: Microsoft Windows, MS Office/Excel, MS Visio, SQL language, XML and data structures