Job Category: PM
Job Number: 19283
The Project Manager is responsible for helping to support and implement our client’ s Infrastructure and Operations programs by working with multiple stakeholders across various divisions, teams, and subsidiaries. Specific tasks on each project will include developing project plans and schedules, managing tasks and teams, identifying and resolving project management issues, communicating status, including spend, and authoring functional requirements.
It is essential that the Project Manager understands the scope and effect of all new or upgraded processes, solicits input from all constituents, and involves all appropriate teams. Project Management works closely with every key stakeholder of the program and with every part of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to the Project Management Office and has ultimate responsibility for the successful delivery of the projects/programs
- Drive projects/programs to successful delivery including schedule, risk, issues, budget management - working with the company’ s Operating model and SDLC
- Manage multiple Infrastructure and Operations projects including 1) LD5 Storage Refresh, 2) Kowloon DC Transformation, 3) MEGA DC Migration
- Manages the project team, deliverables, and gates as required for operating model
- Manages financials for multiple projects/ programs including actuals, forecasts, accruals for budgets $2M+
- Primarily responsible for larger projects, or groups of smaller projects as part of a larger program
- Responsible for scope control with stakeholders, task execution with the development team and relevant upward communication to managers
- Helps define process improvements and feedback for large, multi-part projects that need creative project management strategies required for timely execution
- Identifies and gathers assets required for development of each project
- Provide necessary feedback to project stakeholders (e.g., specification feedback, issue escalation to managers or scope changes/clarifications to project resources)
- Manage handoffs at each stage in the project life cycle according to guidelines specified in the department’ s development policies
- Provide real time updates of relevant project information in the project information database
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Ability to work and interact with a globally distributed team comprising of direct employees as well as multiple outsourced vendors.
- Successful track record working with business and technology teams to define, develop, test and launch new products and new programs (must be able to present specific examples where your role required the ability work between technical and management teams)
- Experience authoring business and technical requirements and specifications (i.e., data dictionary, process flows, architectural diagrams, etc.)
- Experience in managing project financials from $2-5M+
- Data Center Migration, Transformation, and Storage system set up background is a must.
- Netapps, EMC Storage background is a plus
- ITIL, CIPP/CIPM, PMP or equivalent certifications preferred
- Innate capability to create order out of chaos
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business people and software engineers
- Desire to work in fast-paced, multi-task, fluid environment capable of reacting instantly to changes in a competitive business environment
- Ability to plan, organize and proctor efficient meetings through preparation, stakeholder buy in, and guide a group towards agreed upon objectives
- Bachelor’ s or equivalent degree
- PMP Certification