10202 W Washington Blvd.
Contract To Hire
Job Category: PM
Job Number: 19209
This Project Manager (PM) for our client will partner with the company’ s GMS to understand their various business processes and work with them to help define and achieve their business objectives. The PM must have a proven track record of understanding and documenting complex business processes and being able to suggest and implement efficiencies in them. The role also requires the PM to have experience working in an Agile environment, familiarity with various SDLC methodologies, and a strong grasp of project management Best Practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Product Ownership 40%
- Collaborating with SME' s to write requirements in the form of Epics and Stories with well-defined acceptance criteria.
- Maintaining and refining the product backlog, prioritizing backlog items, incorporating new Stories, refining existing stories and decomposing large Stories into smaller ones that will fit in a single Sprint.
- Working with the Squad to plan the Sprints including deciding on Sprint content.
- Deciding the order in which content is delivered with input from the team on technical risk.
- Accepting/rejecting Stories based on the agreed upon Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria.
- Considering end user experience when writing requirements.
- Being available to the Squad throughout the Sprint to clarify understanding of requirements and answer any questions.
- Helping the Team make quick decisions.
- Remotely attending all the off-shore Sprint Ceremonies – Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo and Sprint Retrospective.
Relationship Management and Project Management 60%
- Building a relationship as a trusted business partner with key GMS Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Partnering with them to identify how their business models need to change over time to facilitate digital delivery, consolidate overlapping workflows, reduce costs and increase client satisfaction.
- Leveraging the enterprise’ s IT organization, infrastructure and technology capabilities to deliver maximum business value.
- Proposing and managing demand for application work. Prioritizing enhancement requests and new development across the GMS portfolio.
- Defining and managing project and enhancement pool budgets.
- Monitoring and reviewing all project economics, including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks.
- Providing VIP support in conjunction with and on behalf of the Global Service (Help) Desk.
- Ensuring that all demand enters the IT pipeline appropriately.
- Establishing and maintaining clear escalation procedures so that problems and issues encountered are addressed in a timely manner. Facilitating the resolution of any issues that may arise.
- Capturing business and functional requirements and writing clear specifications to communicate them to the development teams. Defining test cases and acceptance criteria.
- Managing projects through all their phases and milestones. Working closely with functional and technical teams to monitor progress of projects and ensure solutions meet business expectations.
- Defining and facilitating User Acceptance Testing.
- Shepherding releases through Change Control and deployment.
- Ensuring that the company’ s Global Information Security Policies and other company controls are observed and applied to all applications in the portfolio. Responding quickly to vulnerability tests and internal and external audits.
Key outputs include:
- Use Cases, as required to support demand from the business
- Green light documents (including vision document, business case/cost benefit analysis, high level requirements specifications, disaster recovery plans, and other elaboration documents)
- Detailed Project Plans
- RACI Matrices
- Performance reviews and vendor satisfaction feedback
- Epics & User Stories
- Budgeting & Forecasting
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Be able to quickly learn the intricacies of changing business models and be adept at designing proactive solutions which move those models forward.
- Have experience in defining medium and long-range strategic goals.
- Possess top-notch organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize efforts across a wide range of deliverables to meet deadlines, maximize results, and control spend.
- Be analytical and innovative, with a creative approach to solving problems.
- Have strong verbal and written skills and be able to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Be a confident leader. Have a proven track record of building strong teams, engaging those around you, mentoring individuals and delivering results.
- Be vocal in proposing ideas, building consensus and navigating interdepartmental politics.
- Project Management experience desired.
- Product Ownership in an Agile environment preferred.
- Understanding of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), SDLC (Software Delivery Lifecycle), and project management fundamentals.
- Have a flexible work schedule.