10811 West Collins Ave
Contract To Hire
Job Category: PM
Job Number: 19219
Our client is searching for a Project Manager that will create, manage, coordinate, and successfully execute plans to complete projects in support of business and technical initiatives for the company. The ideal candidate for this role should be able to adhere to the company’ s practices for project governance. He/she will assist with the evolution of the company’ s project-management methodology and tools and will communicate important milestones and achievements as well as risks as they relate to projects.
- Creates and executes complex project plans and revises them as appropriate for project needs.
- Defines and manages projects of small to moderate scope.
- Facilitates and coordinates project activities and tasks to execute the project plan.
- Manages scope, schedule and cost within plan.
- Ensures proper assignment and coordination of resources per plan.
- Facilitates the definition of quality and risk and manages the project accordingly. Resolves and/or escalates project-related issues in a timely fashion.
- Tracks status and metrics on the project delivery and value; escalates to functional management upon identification of deviations (or potential deviations) from plan.
- Effectively manages communications, expectations, and interactions with all departments and internal stakeholders.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations on project status and selected project topics.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to accomplish the project objectives.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Facilitates project governance and maintains project-management documentation.
- Contributes to departmental portfolio management.
- Partners with various Managers to successfully implement projects.
- Occasionally manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participates as a member of a project team.
- Ensures adherence to organizational policies and procedures including design controls and the product development process.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’ s degree, preferably in a science or technical related field or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of full-time project management experience in a related field such as IT systems implementation, technical product development, or other discipline
- Knowledge of and experience with project management disciplines, methodology and tools.
- Successful completion of global projects involving stakeholders from multiple regions (North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, EMEA) strongly preferred.
- Experience participating in a project-management role developing a medical device (design controls experience) in a regulated environment strongly preferred.
- Dedicated to quality customer service, with proactive response to stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate subject matter expert input to develop project plans from concept through commercialization for activities.
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain the overall project vision and strategy while managing the tactical details and activities.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills to effect project progress per plan.
- Ability to manage conflicts; to read situations quickly; to lead by influence; to exploit opportunities; and to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively, including Microsoft Project schedules
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Project Management Professional certification (or equivalent) preferred.