1601 Vine Street
Job Category: Web Developer
Job Number: 19237
Our client is a venture-backed startup focused on the latest in big data, natural language processing, and machine learning technologies to enhance recommendation systems. Their platform integrates streaming service data with third-party and publicly available information to discover relevant content and novel relationships.
To execute our client' s vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. We are looking for developers who are excited about launching new products and features, who can work autonomously and aren’ t afraid to try new technologies, and who don’ t back down from the challenges of scale.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing meaningfully to core systems, from design thru implementation and
maintaining ownership throughout development into production.
- Ensuring overall stability and performance of high-volume transactions and distributed
processes while scaling.
- Investigating and implementing solutions for data ingestion, processing, and machine
- Solving complex technical problems across all services and at all levels of the stacks.
Requirements for the Role
- 3-5 years of production software development experience.
- Experience with Jenkins and Terraform managed AWS infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS services (ECR, Lambda, SQS, CloudWatch, Route53).
- Hands on programming with Python; Elixir a plus.
- Comfortable with support tools (Docker, Git, Bash, AWS CLI)
- Production experience with ETL and asynchronous pipelines.
- Experience with relational (Postgres/RDS) and NoSQL (DynamoDB) databases.
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in the design of complex systems.
- Willingness to dive in on rapidly evolving challenges in a team environment.
- Production network operations familiarity a plus.
- Understanding of ML principles and NLP experience, Kaggle competitions a plus.
- Experience with data science libraries (Scikit, NLTK, Gensim, TensorFlow, Keras).