2381 Rosecrans Ave #400
Job Category: QA
Job Number: 19765
Our client is seeking a hands-on QA Automation Software Engineer with a passion to deliver high-quality software. As a gatekeeper of quality, this position will play a critical role in our product development process. In addition to an exceptional ability to understand the thought process that went into the design and development of our underlying software platform, our ideal candidate should have a perfect blend of software developer and QA automation skill sets
Specific role requirements
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Passionate about owning the design & implementation of the test automation strategy, tools and technologies needed to support QA goals and initiatives
- Deep knowledge of testing methodologies and current industry trends and use that knowledge in building the test strategy and offer recommendations
- Strong experience with programming languages like Java, Ruby or Python as well as good understanding of databases (relational, dimensional and flattened)
- Pair with developers for code-review sessions and not hesitate to roll-up their sleeves and debug the code if needed
- Experience with regression, performance and load testing
- Ability to write test automation scripts for RESTful APIs, user interface (UI) testing using tools such as Selenium, WebDriver, Appium and/or SOAP UI
- Write and manage test cases in a test case management tool such as TestRail
- Understand and communicate testing impact of scope changes / project change requests to the project management team both from a timeline/cost and a risk perspective
- Has strong interpersonal communication skills; effectively communicates in verbal and written form
- BA/BS in related field, or equivalent experience
Bonus points for experience with
- Establishing a test strategy for technology platform comprising various APIs, mobile and web applications
- Work with the product in reviewing user story requirements and provide timely feedback, identifying underlying test cases, and collaborate with the team members in design, and implementation of both manual and automation test plans
- Identify, isolate and document the origin of bugs in our software and outline the steps to reproduce them in bug tracking system
- Continuously integrate automated test suites with our CD pipeline thereby enhancing the automation framework as well as expanding the automation coverage.
- Assist with prioritization of testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled
- 2+ years of testing mobile applications
- 3+ years of experience in UI automation.
- Experience integrating data from multiple data sources and file types such as JSON, XMS, CSV and non-traditional data structures
- Knowledge of Java, Node JS, Python
- Knowledge working with Jenkins, Jira, GIT or any other version control system, experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience working in a fast paced/startup environment.
- Bachelor of Master’ s degree in CS