6080 Center Drive. 10th Floor
Job Category: QA
Job Number: 19176
The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for assuring the quality of our client’ s internal and customer-facing applications using automation as well as manual black-box and gray-box testing techniques. Duties include trouble-shooting and resolving test code, test environment and infrastructure issues, as well as working with test case management, issue tracking, source control, database, requirements management, reporting, and other tools. While performing this function, the Senior QA Automation Engineer relies on his or her extensive background in software development, QA, system administration, script automation, frameworks, and associated organizational processes. The Senior QA Automation Engineer is a member of the QA team, reports to the Automation Manager of Quality Assurance, and collaborates closely with the Development and System Infrastructure teams of the company.
- Develop, execute, and maintain automation scripts using JAVA, Junit, Selenium, Cucumber, Rest, JMeter
- Perform API, UI, DB and Performance testing of the company’ s internal and customer-facing applications by analyzing applications and requirements and designing and executing automated test cases.
- Integrate, support, use and maintain issue tracking systems such as JIRA, source control tools such as Github and QTest
- Work with QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
Required Background and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with automation scripting using JAVA and Selenium based framework
- A minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of programming in Java
- Experience with web application servers such as Tomcat, and Web servers like Apache
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A team player who does not need extensive supervision
- Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, Systems and Project managers towards a common goal
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database and SQL queries
- Knowledge of Hibernate
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience testing React based Applications
- Knowledge of AWS technologies