26248 Enterprise Ct
Job Category: QA
Job Number: 19632
QA Test Engineer (Contract)
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and corresponding documentation.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Communicate test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Gather customer issues from the field and maintain Jira database.
- Detail oriented mindset.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- A strong desire to expand current skillset— learn new coding languages and new automation techniques in a highly supportive environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Bachelor' s Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field.
- 3+ years of experience in software quality assurance engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience with Linux/Unix environment.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology and how QA functions within it
- Experience of working in Continuous Integration environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices and defect management practice