950 17th St
Job Category: QA
Job Number: 20073
Our client is seeking a dynamic leader for a QA Team Lead role. This is a “ hands-on” role that will split time between a leadership role within the QA team and active participation in the Quality Assurance and testing process.
The lead will work as a servant leader for the QA team working to drive career development, personnel mentorship, team development. Additionally, the Team Lead will be responsible for implementing best practices, consistent processes and tools for the team to be successfully.
The Lead will also have hands on aspects of the job – including working as part of the development team to exploratory test product(s)/features during development and deployment. Leads QA direction across products and be responsible for creating and maintaining automation testing scripts and frameworks to provide increased test coverage for multiple applications and services. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable and proficient in Speed/Load, API and UI testing frameworks to ensure quality, increase deployment and delivery of features, and reporting of test suite results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evangelize quality within our products
- Leads QA across business
- Evangelize testing in Agile environment
- Sets direction for improving QA across our products
- Architect/Design/Implement/Update testing framework
- Work with the team to ensure customer satisfaction, reliability, stability and deployment
- Create automation scripts for the team
- Create manual test plans for the team, identifying which items can be automated
- Manage deploys for teams and business
- Deep understanding of product(s)
- Release/deploy management (SCM)
- Evangelize/Design/Support CI movement
- Work as a member of an Agile team to develop automated tests by analyzing user stories, acceptance criteria, participating in design reviews and collaborating with the developers, product owners and business analysts.
- Identify and document detailed requirements for testing system needs and functionality.
- Participate in reviews of software specifications, test strategies and schedules verifying completeness, accuracy and breadth of quality commitments.
- Effectively communicate automation status, measures, issues and corrective actions during development reviews.
- Complete GUI, API, integration, user acceptance, regression and production testing.
- Update reporting tools with testing results.
- Remain up-do-date with current trends in development and automation technologies.
Requirements for the Role
- Lead Teams for 5+ Years
- Build Continuous Integration (CI) from the Ground Up
- S. Computer Science/Equivalent degree
- 5+ years of experience with automated UI testing frameworks like; selenium, cucumber, or any of the multiple .js frameworks.
- Experience with performance/load testing frameworks like; JMeter or gatling.io
- Experience with backend/API testing frameworks like; mocha or Postman
- Experience with CI builds services like; Jenkins or CircleCI
- Creative individual who can organize test suites to ensure maximum coverage
- Strong understanding of QA processes & methodologies in a software development environment
- Understanding of web applications and relational databases
- Multi-platform testing experience (OS, Browsers, mobile)
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills