909 North Sepulveda Blvd
Job Category: Ruby on Rails
Job Number: 19034
Our client is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. The legal industry is complicated and intimidating and we are making it easier for people to get quality legal help. They are looking for a Lead Ruby on Rails Developer to help us connect people with the legal help they need.
As a Lead Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will help your team solve customer problems and ship clean, maintainable code. In addition to shared backend services and front-end interfaces, you’ ll contribute to our common libraries, mentor and pair with other developers, and strive to make our software development process more efficient. You’ ll focus on the full depth of our software stack, while also growing your technical breadth.
- You have 7 or more years of experience developing web apps in Ruby/Rails (preferred), Elixir/Phoenix, Django, Node or a similar MVC development framework.
- You have been the primary owner/developer of several components or features.
- You have strong development principles, including experience with testing and TDD, object-oriented design, and higher-level system design.
- You have worked directly with non-devs (designers, PMs, user researchers, etc.) to ship great products.
- You believe in the value of mentorship, and in a teaching and learning culture.
- You want to grow, and you' re constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
- You are passionate about building using Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Experience leading development teams.
- You' ve contributed to or maintained open-source projects (Send us your GitHub profile!).
- You have experience transforming large Rails apps into a service-oriented or microservice architecture.
- You have a passion for quality. You take pride in keeping your bug count low and your code quality high.
- You focus strongly on the people who use your software. Even when it makes things harder.