12180 Millennium Dr.
Job Category: Ruby on Rails
Job Number: 19552
Our client is looking for a talented Software Engineer driven to create fast and scalable systems. You will work with a team of world-class software engineers responsible for building and maintaining high performance, modular, and scalable components used across our entire platform.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, fast, scalable systems
- Understand requirements from stakeholders and provide estimates of work
- Interface with various internal and external teams to help define requirements, interfaces, and implementation approaches
- Provide troubleshooting support and fix bugs across platforms
- Work with Agile team members to write clear, concise and comprehensive features
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
- Consistently execute against a product roadmap to deliver multiple features across the portfolio of service components enabling our clients to more effectively run their business
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent engineering degree
- 5+ years professional software development experience with Ruby on Rails stack.
- Good understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL) as well as other data stores and their strengths and weaknesses
- Experience developing high performance, large scale distributed services
- A passion for writing great code that is maintainable and standards-driven
- Must be self-directed and be able to prioritize own workload
- Experience working with an MVC framework
- Strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals (Data Structures, Algorithms, etc...)
- Able to approach large, complex problems and solve them systematically
- Cloud-based hosting and systems architecture knowledge (AWS or other)
- Interest in learning Ruby on Rails
- AWS Services
- Version control (Git)