2001 16th St.
Job Category: SQL DBA
Job Number: 19642
As a Database Administrator, you will design, create, manage and tune production databases on servers, and participate in database-related initiatives in alignment. The ideal candidate will be able to apply their experience and knowledge with Microsoft SQL databases, industry standards, and best practices as part of the Enterprise Infrastructure Team. This team has responsibility for the Enterprise application infrastructure in our primary data center supporting numerous business offices and facility locations throughout the country. To be successful, the ideal candidate will be able to utilize their experience of common industry tools to manage, maintain, and enhance enterprise operations as well as being able to identify opportunities and bring new skills and methods to the team to address issues as they arise.
- Contribute to plans and policies for the production management of critical, large, enterprise databases
- Design, create and maintain automated processes using MS SQL to gather and present data
- Methodically analyze data before and after changes in the environment to critically determine weaknesses and errors in processes, showing competency to troubleshoot
- Ability to consult and communicate effectively with internal customers, vendors and enterprise infrastructure teammates
- Adaptable to new tools and processes, sharing what is learned about those tools and processes with other Teammates with desire to learn and share being essential
- 5-10 years contiguous recent MS SQL Server DBA experience
- Worked in a medium or large size enterprise as an operational DBA
- Will be a part of an On-Call rotation with some after hours and weekend work required
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Experience with Performance tuning
- Experience with Data warehouse and SSIS, Cubes, Report server.
- Proven experience with Backups, Restores and participated in Disaster Recovery Drills
- Familiar with Trend and Capacity Planning tools and processes
- Knowledge of scripting languages including T-SQL, PowerShell
- Knowledge of High Availability technologies, Disaster recovery (Always on, Mirroring, Log Shipping, Database Partitioning, Replication, Clustering, and PolyServe)
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing SSIS, SSRS and SSAS is a plus
- Has strong communication, customer service and written skills
- Solid understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Healthcare experience, experience with SOX, HIPPA regulations will be a plus.
- Proficient in technical documentation and the creation of knowledgebase articles
- Experience with SQL server upgrades, Data migrations /Data Center migrations.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to implement change effectively and use of a corporate work ticketing system (e.g. BMC Remedy)
- Must be able to work in and support team environments as well as work independently
- Attention to detail with ability to multitask in a fast paced, fluid environment
- A good team player, leader, flexible, share knowledge, help others, collaborate well within and outside the team
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Masters Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- SQL Server certifications are all a plus
- SQL SERVER
- SQL QUERIES
- DATA CENTER
- DISASTER RECOVERY
- ENTERPRISE APPLICATION
- TEAM PLAYER
- CAPACITY PLANNING
- DATA WAREHOUSE
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
- MICROSOFT SSRS
- MS SQL SERVER
- PERFORMANCE TUNING
- PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
- SARBANES OXLEY
- SARBANES-OXLEY (SOX)
- TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
- MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2012