14930 Northam St
Job Category: SQL DBA
Job Number: 18179
Under general supervision, the Database Administrator will be responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of databases in the company. The role includes the development and design of database strategies, system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. They may also plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers verbally
- Developing database queries for applications and programs as needed
- Diagnosing database problems and coming up with resolutions
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information
- Maintaining archived data
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Contacting database vendor for technical support
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL and database programming
- Full understanding of database transactions and how they work.
- Experience in optimizing query plans
- Experience in database security
- Experience in working with SQL profiler
- Experience in working with high traffic databases
- Experience in setting up and managing fail-over clusters
- Experience in developing and managing SSIS packages
- Experience in database mirroring and replications
- Minimum (5) years of experience with the Microsoft SQL Server. Experience in working with DB2 is a plus
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science preferred.