0000 New York
Job Category: SalesForce
Job Number: 19575
Our client is seeking a Salesforce Development Manager; key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Hire and manage great software engineers who are responsible for developing and maintaining software that optimizes our real estate portfolio.
- Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and performance excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple teams.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate release cycles while incrementally moving our services towards long term goals.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers.
- Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership and to partner teams.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.pps for performance.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development management
- Good understanding of web services
- Demonstrable tech chops — you should be able to solve complex technical problems and design robust, scalable solutions
- Ability to think critically and actively contribute to the unit' s strategic choices.
- Advanced competency in object-oriented design, data structures, and complexity analysis
- 5+ years of experience in managing development teams working on multiple simultaneous projects.
- 5+ years of experience in managing large scale software development teams following Agile development processes.
- Experience leading a small team of developers, assigning & delegating tasks, and tracking progress
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions.
- Proven result-oriented person with a delivery focus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Development Expertise in data structures, complex algorithms, OOP, Java/C++, Linux, Perl/Ruby.
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with Salesforce is a Plus