151 Innovation Dr
Job Category: Security
Job Number: 19716
Our client has an opportunity for an Information Security Analyst to work in a fast-paced and growing IT Security team. You will monitor our computer networks for security issues, install security software, and document any security issues or threats you find. To do well in this role you should have a bachelor' s degree in computer science, information security certifications from SANS or CISCO and at least five years of experience in the information security field.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Run vulnerability scans on all network segments and identify critical and high findings to be addressed utilizing Tenable Nessus.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including multi factor authentication and data encryption programs.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Implement a PAM solution (Privileged Access Manager) such as Thycotic
- Document company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Help colleagues install security software such as LogRhythm, Splunk, or TrendMicro.
- Assist the IT Administration team with security configurations, vulnerability solutions, and security policy configurations especially in the Microsoft Windows and server environment.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Certifications including CISM, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, GSEC
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.