1900 15th Street
Job Category: Data Science
Job Number: 19566
Sr. Applied Scientist
Key responsibilities include:
- Scientists are expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets and contribute to design of automated systems.
- Apply ML, statistics or econometrics techniques to develop and analyze prototype models.
- Design and analyze data from large-scale online experiments in order to validate prototype models.
- Collaborate with scientists across teams in peer-review processes, publishing research in internal forms and industry conferences.
- Partner closely with product and engineering teams to develop new measurement systems and translate prototype models to production.
- Establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large scale model development, validation, and implementation.
- Research and experiment with novel statistical modeling approaches.
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related quantitative field with at least 5+ years of research experience in training and implementing advanced models (machine learning, predictive modeling, and analysis).
- 4+ years hands-on experience programming in R, Java, C#, C++ or other similar programming languages
- Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
- 7+ years of hands-on experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, Natural Language Processing, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, informational retrieval
- Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
- Proven track in leading, mentoring, and growing teams of scientists
- Experience with digital media, online advertising or retail
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts