1800 W Katella Ave
Job Category: Business Systems Analyst
Job Number: 19730
The Senior Business Analyst must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to effectively present information to all levels in the organization, including senior executives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain productive relationships with business stakeholders and consistently provide updates on project execution, approaches, costs, timelines as well as problems encountered and plans to overcome them.
- Develop a detailed understanding of our technology platforms, including their criticality, features, configurations, interfaces, data models, and how employees leverage these systems to perform their jobs.
- Effectively capture detailed business requirements, use cases, process flows and work with application developers to review.
- Develop documentation necessary to ensure successful estimation, technical approach and delivery of technical projects. Artifacts and level of detail will vary based on size and complexity of stakeholder requests.
- Contribute to the library of artifacts and processes that the company uses to capture requirements and execute technology projects.
- Work with key resources (internal and external) to develop high-level labor estimates, conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements as well as deploy functionality.
- Work with appropriate IT staff to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes
- Ensure all business needs are addressed by demonstrating in-system changes
- Assist business stakeholders with the development of training materials for newly deployed functionality.
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication
- Manage a project' s scope, acceptance, installation, and deployment from start to finish
- Report on technical issues and questions, make recommendations to the technical team
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve business practices and efficiencies. Proactively suggest improvements to our technology platforms, vendors and processes.
- Practice knowledge transfer and foster change management as the organization changes and new skills are required. There should be a focus on team/individual development as well as a drive to be a contributor.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A solid understanding of business functional areas, business management issues and data analysis
- Leadership aptitude
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Business case development and cost/benefit analysis experience
- Ability to prioritize requirements and create prototypes and mock ups
- Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on large projects
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel (minimal)
- Required: 5 years work-related experience as a business analyst in an information technology organization. Experience managing senior stakeholder relationships.
- Preferred: Technical skills - specifically with ERP systems, ETL, and databases. Experience with DM2 and Trinium or any standard ERP system
TECHNOLOGY TO BE USED:
- Hardware --PC/Laptop
- Operating Systems --Windows 10
- Tools -- MS Office Suite: Office 365, Project, Visio
- Collaboration: Slack, Skype, Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting
- Databases: MS Access, SQL Server
- ERP Systems: Trinium, DM2