700 Newport Center Dr
Job Category: Systems Analyst
Job Number: 19613
Senior ITAM Analyst
- The Service, Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) Analyst responsible for developing, implementing, configuring and executing the SACM processes, ensuring that Asset and Configuration specific information is gathered and disseminated using efficient and consistently followed processes.
- This role will work closely with Event, Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request process leads, as well as Service Managers and Asset Owners to ensure day to day operations are following established SACM processes and policies.
- The SACM consultant will administer, manage and carry out all aspects of the SACM processes, and ensure data yielded from this process will be of the expected quality and provide customers with the expected level of business intelligence and reporting.
- Utilizes current best practices for SACM processes and provides input or feedback for continuous improvement of SACM best practices
- Responsible for identifying and resolving any exceptions or risks to the SACM processes, which may negatively impact the accuracy of data
- This role is responsible for the implementation and ongoing support for our ServiceNow based Discovery, Normalization and Reconciliation processes.
- This role will be responsible for developing, implementing and the execution of Service Mapping processes
- Leveraging excellent communication and collaboration skills, responsible for establishing and maintaining close working relationships with customers, stakeholders and the ITAM governance committee.
- Responsible for leading projects and initiatives specific to SACM processes and procedures
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all required technical documentation
Position Requirements/ Skills:
4-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Minimum 5 years of ServiceNow based SACM/ CMDB technical and business experience, specific to both hardware and software.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with the ServiceNow platform, specifically; discovery technologies, data reconciliation, reporting, service mapping, data imports, data audits, Event Management
- Accreditations/ certifications in ServiceNow System Administration and products, such as Service Mapping, Discovery and other ITOM related capabilities
- 2-5 years working in a consultant level position
- Minimum three years of working knowledge with IT process management (ex. Incident, Event, Change, Request management, Asset Management).
- Minimum three years of IT infrastructure experience, demonstrating strong understanding of IT infrastructure component and how they relate to each other (i.e. network, servers, storage, applications, database)
- Familiar with other discovery/ management products, i.e. SCCM.
- Web service proficiency (REST, SOAP), as well as XML and JSON knowledge
- ITIL Foundation v3 certification, or equivalent certification, i.e. IT4IT.
- Minimum 3 years experience leading projects and initiatives
- Strong requirements gathering and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written. Must be comfortable collaborating with all levels of IT staff, customers and senior leaders