As a successful candidate you are passionate about building quality software that has a big impact on your organization. You are an advocate for best practices in developing requirements, designing components, implementing robust code and testing it with unit tests. You strive for the best quality, but never lose sight of timelines and delivering important results for your customers. You thrive on deep discussions with your teammates and are open minded and eager to learn from diversity of thought. You are ready to take on stretch assignments that take your career to the next level.
· You will design, develop and test software components that interact with fulfillment center technologies, such as material handling equipment, computer vision, robotics and cloud services
· Build software using best practices and high-quality standards
· Design novel large scale data store solutions for high frequency data and with low latency access
· Contribute to definition of coding standards and apply them in code and design reviews
· Provide estimates for development tasks and negotiate timelines with project leaders
· Mentor junior team members and help them acquire critical skills and best practices
· Document and communicate technical concepts to team members and stakeholders
Participate in deep technical discussions, where you stand up for your ideas and work with team members to find the best solution for the customer
• Candidates must have at least 3 years of software engineering experience
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Possess a sound understanding of areas in the areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object-oriented language - preferably in Java/C/C++/Kotlin/Scala in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience building large scale, distributed systems