2121 Park Pl Suite 250
Job Category: Ruby on Rails
Job Number: 18094
Our client, a well-funded startup based in Los Angeles, is seeking experienced engineers to help build the future of real estate finance. The company is entering their next phase of significant growth and are looking for top engineers to play an integral role in helping them execute on their goals. If you want to make a huge impact on a very visible commercial product and transform a massive industry, our client is the place for you.
More specifically, you would help design and build multiple aspects of vital consumer and internal-facing web applications. You would also need to maintain a delicate balance between staying close to " technological edge" while also delivering robust and efficient business solutions. This role would allow you to put your creativity and drive to excel to everyday use.
Our tech stack includes Rails, Ruby, Ember.js, Vue.js, RSpec, Heroku, AWS, GitHub, CircleCI and more, and are looking for people with a solid technical understanding in these areas and languages.
- Deliver high quality features for our internal and external users.
- Drive operation excellence and contribute to creating a system that delights your customers and your proud of.
- Review the work of your peers to ensure consistency and quality of our codebase.
- Act as a peer to our product team to improve our product.
- Road mapping to ensure long and short-term success.
- Collaborate with your peers on technical design.
- Work with the QA team to define scope and limit rework.
- Assist our support team with triage and executing solutions.
- Contribute to internal tools, documentation and development processes to help improve our efficiency and build a world-class engineering organization.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of SW engineering experience.
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience (ideal).
- Demonstrable breadth of knowledge of software development technologies.
- Very strong foundation with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Comfortable building and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Solid grasp of front-end technologies and frameworks.
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively and select the right tool for the job.
- Skilled at clearly articulating design ideas while being receptive to constructive criticism.
- Never ending desire to learn and improve.
- Excellent communication ability (such as explaining complex technical scenarios and solutions to a range of people without making them lose the will to live).
- Previous experience with FinTech.
- Previous experience with InfoSec.
- Significant open-source contributions.
- Burning desire to use technology to eliminate inefficiencies in the financial markets.