2049 Century Park E 41st Floor
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 19875
Our client is one of the world’ s leading shopping Center companies with iconic retail destinations in London, New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles among its portfolio. Their strategy is to develop and own superior retail destinations in major cities by integrating food, fashion, leisure and entertainment and by using technology to better connect retailors with consumers. They are pioneering the consumer experience with the convergence of digital and physical environments.
We’ re looking for a Dev Ops Engineer to be part of a growing global IT department who is a collaborative and experienced professional. As a Dev Ops Engineer, you will be an essential member of the client’ s Digital Engineering Team. You will be responsible for operations and system engineering for the development team. To ensure the company provides optimal experiences, this person will be skilled at automation, monitoring and scripting best meet the needs of the company’ s business objectives.
The ideal candidate enjoys and thrives in working with a variety of tools, languages, systems and architectures while building and improving features and the speed and reliability of our core services and systems. You will work with everything from payment systems to our core in creating robust and highly scalable software systems that handle high demand.
Specific duties/responsibilities for the role are:
- You will work as a member of our Infrastructure Team, bringing an experienced and pragmatic security-focused point of view to all projects.
- You will be the nucleus of a cross-functional team to evaluate the company’ s security posture and address any threats that may arise.
- You will build systems and tools that help all of Engineering to write and deploy more secure code.
- You will spend at least 50% of your working hours writing code for tools and systems that support the company’ s Engineering team.
- You will participate in all Infrastructure projects (not just security-related) as a well-rounded Infrastructure/DevOps generalist.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Strong in at least one programming language. Node.js), Python or Ruby are great. Shell languages (or config management tools) do not count.
- Familiarity with Node.js, or a willingness to learn (don’ t worry -- it’ s designed to be easy to pick up).
- Passion for security or crypto-related topics. If you like to pen-test in your spare time or you write crypto tools for fun we’ d like to hear from you!
- Passion for CI/CD and related topics. If you like to automate everything you are our guy or gal.
- Familiarity with public cloud providers (AWS in particular) is a plus
- Desire to build tools and automation.
- Ability to think creatively and invent new solutions to tough cutting-edge problems.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced cross-functional teams
If you’ ve ever wanted to be part of an innovative business, on the cutting edge of developing and evolving the shopping experience for customers, this is your chance!