Sr. Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer
• Provide firmware and software support for the company’ s LoRa products from product introduction to mass production.
• Collaborate with internal and external engineers, marketing, and customers to define and develop firmware and applications to enable the evaluation, integration and/or production of the company’ s LoRa products
• Develop and review wireless protocols for embedded systems designed to integrate into commercial wireless networks.
• Develop technical documentation, presentations, and training materials to help promote new products and facilitate product adoption and integration
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science plus 5+ years of recent embedded software or firmware development experience
• At least 5 years of expertise in C/C++ development and troubleshooting
• At least 3 years of experience with programming Intel 8051, ARM, PIC, and/or AVR microcontrollers.
• Experience with hardware interfaces such as UART SPI, GPIO, I2C, JTAG, USB is required
• Knowledge of wireless protocol stack development, testing and troubleshooting
• Experience scripting language such as Python, Perl, Matlab
• Excellent communication skills are a must
• Master’ s Degree with an emphasis on embedded software and firmware
• Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, 6LowPAN, etc.
• Experience with laboratory instruments such as Spectrum Analyzer, Oscillosopes, etc.
• Experience in one or more communication protocols such as LoRa, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, Bluetooth, or Wi-Sun.
• Understanding of wireless communication systems and theory is a plus
• Experience with developing drivers and applications for Windows and Linux operating system