8700 Beverly Boulevard
Job Category: Network Engineer
Job Number: 19401
Our client is looking for a Sr Network Engineer to join their team. Come find out why they' ve been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT.
Summary of job duties:
- Leads the technical engineering planning, design and architecture for monitoring and managing a global healthcare network, security and wireless infrastructure.
- Create and maintain documentation, maintain hardware and software standards, and evaluate new products and solutions related to business requirements.
- Develop and modify technology networks, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations and monitoring needs in an efficient and productive manner.
- Liaise with contractors and vendors to ensure the integrity and security of the network environments.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring of other engineers including the quality review and engineering decisions of their work.
- Requires staying current on network engineering and automation approaches, technologies and techniques.
- Provides on-call support as needed.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or a related field
Licenses/ Certifications Required:
- One of more of the following: CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCSP or CCIE
- Seven (7) or more years supporting LAN/WAN networks in large (10, 000+ user) environments
- Experience with automation tools or scripting languages such as Ansible, Python or Puppet
- Strong understanding of networking topologies and protocols
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS/Nexus OS
- Knowledge of technologies related to MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, VRF' s, and Traffic Engineering
- Experience with Network Access Control and other perimeter security technologies
- Knowledge of Cisco Security products and technologies: Firesight/IPS/ASA/FXOS, Site to Site VPN, NAT/PAT
- Understanding of F5/Netscaler load balancing products
- Knowledge of wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n
- Ability to read packet traces to identify source of problems
- Experience with selection and strategic direction of network, security and wi-fi technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in a network healthcare environment a strong plus