2041 Rosecrans Ave Suite 220
Job Category: Helpdesk Support
Job Number: 19723
Who we are
We come to work every day with passion and intensity to deliver brilliant solutions to our clients, no matter the challenge. Founded in 1996, Prosum serves as a strategic IT partner for our clients by providing IT services across our three lines of business: Staffing, Managed Services and Consulting. Some of our amazing clients are AT&T/DIRECTV, Mattel, Riot Games, USC Keck Hospital, and Disney. We have a huge outreach of employees, contractors, alumni, clients and vendors, and we strive to provide them with a positive experience to maintain them as fans within our Prosum community.
Who you are
The Support Engineer is a Tier-2 technical position within Prosum' s Managed Services division. This individual will serve and an escalation resource for our service desk operations team assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email or remote-control tools. The Support Engineer troubleshoots network and system performance issues, recommends upgrades, deploy patches, and application updates. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years’ experience supporting Microsoft servers, PCs, laptops, and networking devices including firewalls. This position reports to the Senior Manager.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within SLA
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents and adhere to all service management principles
- Document all incidents into our ticketing system
- Deploy patches and application updates
- Respond to inquiries from clients and help them resolve hardware or software problems
- Resolve issues through client interaction and/or using remote support tools
- Triage issues to determine appropriate escalation
- Maintain awareness of all outstanding customer issues both pre- and post-delivery and provide status to clients as necessary.
- Interface with appropriate technical personnel for customer problems that cannot be resolved effectively.
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone or email until they’ ve solved a technical issue when assigned to Customer Care role
- Provide prompt and accurate follow up to customers
- Refer to internal knowledge base or external resources to provide accurate technical solutions
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT requests are resolved after troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Work on client IT projects under direct supervision of the Senior Manager and other project team leaders
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following standard operating procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams (e.g. Systems Administrator’ s)
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Ensure consistency of existing systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Mentor those with less experience.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Enter all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets as they occur.
Requirements for the Role:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (Bachelor’ s Degree preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in IT, working in a structured support environment including managing support tickets, diagnostics, escalation routines, and issue resolution closure (MSP experience a plus)
- Experience with service desk management tools (i.e. ticketing system)
- Familiar with standard desktop and server applications and backup software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows Server 2012 & 2016
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook and Office applications within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Experience with using and troubleshooting O365 and related applications (SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange Servers
- Experienced in PC hardware set-up, imaging, configuration and troubleshooting
- Intermediate knowledge of network protocols, configurations, and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of server hardware - Dell, HP, etc.
- Strong communication, organization and customer service skills
Do you match our culture?
- You give forward: Mentor junior staff or others, and/or support your community through volunteering
- You are inspiring: Passionate about selling!
- You strive to be better: A learning and feedback machine; you treat your role as a profession by reading, listening, and sharing
- You are at cause: Accountable and take responsibility
- You got bounce: Good at finding your resilience and pushing through difficult situations