15910 Ventura Boulevard
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Systems Administrator
Job Number: 19461
The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of existing Microsoft Windows server, storage, Office 365 and virtualization technologies. You must be self-motivated to stay abreast of server, storage and virtualization technology trends, and bring insights on how related technologies. You will participate in the weekly on-call rotation for server-related issues (roughly 10 weeks per year). This position has responsibilities in our production, QA, development, and training environments. In addition, you will work closely with other Server Team members on O365, Windows, Active Directory, storage, virtualization, security, infrastructure components, change management and other tasks/projects, and will participate in day-to-day server administration (user accounts, permissions, Help Desk tickets, reports, and security tasks) as well as after-hours updates/upgrades/maintenance to production servers.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage production, infrastructure, & Dev/Test environments. Including, Windows, AD, Group Policy, DNS, servers, appliances, storage, etc. Participate (on a rotation basis) in production after-hours site-down releases. Support other Server Team responsibilities including virtualization, backups, VDI, and server monitoring.
- Virtualization: Manage, oversee and administer our current VMware infrastructure, including vSphere 6, Virtual Center, and Horizon View.
- Cloud: Administer and implement O365 components like; Exchange online, Skype for Business online, In-Tune, Teams, SharePoint online, OneDrive and Yammer.
- Security & Compliance: Lead and participate in projects with security best practices in mind. Participate in compliance and security audits. Ensure audit controls are current and accurate. Participate in security projects and tasks.
- Storage: Administer existing storage solutions including NetApp, Pure and Quantum. Assist with administration of existing backup solutions including HP tape libraries and Veeam.
- Participate in code releases and infrastructure deployments (some of which may involve after-hours work)
- Participate in and abide by company security activities, polices, audits, procedures; including SOX and internal audit activities.
- Participate in our change management process for both implementation and enforcement.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 2012r2/2016/2019 Server administration; experience as an Active Directory domain administrator.
- Experience with server hardware assembly, break/fix, and configuration (HP preferred). Experience with DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, RAID, and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with Office 365, (Exchange online, Skype for Business online, In-Tune, Teams, SharePoint online, OneDrive and Yammer) administration & migrations.
- Experience with VMware technologies, including vSphere 6, Horizon View and Virtual Center.
- Experience with storage & backup technologies, including NetApp, Pure, Quantum and Veeam is desired.
- Experience with Powershell & Terraform scripting.
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM server and SolarWinds monitoring tools desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Cluster Server, and IIS is also desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail and good troubleshooting skills.
- At least five years of direct experience is required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or a related field is desired.
- Technical certifications in Microsoft Windows server or technologies listed in the job duties section are desired.