12181 Bluff Creek Drive Fox Sports Bldg., 3rd Floor
Job Category: System Engineer
Job Number: 19544
Our client' s Engineering & Operations is seeking a Senior Engineer to assist in the maintenance and development of their operations. This is an extremely challenging position that focuses on hardening a variety of systems from a security standpoint with a heavy emphasis on virtualization products and would be the perfect fit for someone who wants to contribute and grow in a consistently evolving environment. What open source technology is available that can be applied as part of our toolset? How do we optimize performance, reduce downtime, and automate? We want someone who is willing to challenge the status quo and make a difference.
- Maintaining, deploying, and configuring infrastructure for the company' s Data Network.
- Working with a team of engineers to manage and improve existing infrastructure to reflect constant technological changes and threats.
- Designing and deploying system and network architectures.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure products and services.
- Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- A minimum of 4-6 years hands-on experience in a Systems Engineering or Network Engineering role.
- Expertise in a technological area applicable to IP broadcast infrastructure, this includes: Networking, Systems (Windows/Linux), File Transfer, Storage, Virtual Machine, and Cloud platforms. Working knowledge of all platforms outside of expertise area.
- Working experience installing and configuring Linux (CentOS/RHEL) and/or Windows (Server Platform).
- Working experience installing and configuring network switches and firewalls.
- Working experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google, or Azure.
- Scripting knowledge (e.g. bash scripts, Python, Ruby).
- Preferably experience with automation software, preferably Ansible.
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI Network Layers, TCP/IP).
- Able to work in high-pressure environments, supporting critical on-air broadcast systems.
- Ability to learn and assist in technical areas not related to area of expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills.
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.