Sr. System Support Analyst
Assist customers and field personnel with resolving System/ Applications issues ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction; also providing consulting when required.
· Escalation and follow-up of critical customer accounts and keeping management apprised of the situation
· Provide detail documentation and test cases for product errors and submit through Clarify to Global Product Support
· Keep application and trouble-shooting skills at a high level for assigned applications and mentor/ cross train department colleagues/ new employees
· Administrative Activities: a) keep case notes in Clarify up to date and customer notified of case status b) participation in department and company meetings c) update knowledge base with solutions you have created or work-arounds, write tech-notes, FAQs and assist department manager with updating other documents as needed
· Maintain good rapport and working relationship with co-workers and other department personnel
· Awareness of company goals and objectives, as well as, customer support policies
Performs all required administrative functions necessary to the position.
o Accurate, timely submission of timesheets for all time expended.
o Timely submission of schedules, project status reports and other relevant correspondence.
o Accurate, timely submission of all expense reports.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education & Training:
· Bachelor’ s degree in a relevant field
· DBA Certification (both SQL and Oracle), PostGres
· Minimum 8 years of related experience in ERP with excellent industry knowledge
· Previous work experience with PROIV or Client is desired
· In depth knowledge of experience working with Microsoft OS, UNIX/Linux, Solaris, Windows Pro Desktop, VM-Ware, Cloud, Windows and Unix scripting
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
· Understands the INs and OUTs of technical customer Support having worked with complex technology products
· Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others
· Able to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors; determine methods and procedures on new assignments; and exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results; OR
· Able to balance multiple responsibilities and work effectively/independently in a fast paced environment with attention to details
· Result driven, deadline driven, goal oriented, highly motivated, takes ownership and new challenges on an ongoing basis to meet department’ s objectives
· Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through. Follows directions.
· Proven ability to build supportive and professional relationships within and outside of the organization, motivated and inspires others to work together for mutual benefits.
· Quick learner and takes initiative to learn on his/ her own
· In depth knowledge of Network service – TCP/ IP, LAN/WAN, DNS, SSH, FTP, VPN, SMTP, HTTP/S
· In depth knowledge of IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Microsoft Suite, Windows Active Directory
· Proficient at Windows and Unix scripting, XML, Java
· Background in software development is preferred
· Design and develop reports using reporting tools
Experience with generating various flow charts
· Strong decision making skills