2201 Park Place
Job Category: Systems Administrator
Job Number: 19899
Our client is looking for a System Administrator. The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the initiation, planning and implementation phases. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following types of infrastructure systems: Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows Systems; Networking, Security and Storage Infrastructures. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation. This individual is responsible for maintaining a large, complex multi-site infrastructure of more than 200 computers running more than one operating system and with a user base of greater than 150 users.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of workstation and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization' s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Install, troubleshoot, configure and maintain desktop and server software and hardware; phones and phone systems; network switches, routers, and firewall software and hardware.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues; Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures as expected of a System Administrator.
- Provide desktop, phone and remote support to all staff members, assist in Helpdesk related tasks.
- Three to five years system administration experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High Skill with all Network Hardware such as switches, router, and firewalls
- High Skill with Network Maintenance and Performance tuning, and Network Applications
- High Skill with all Windows Server Applications
- High Skill with all Linux/Unix Server Applications
- High Skill with all Mac OSX Server Applications
- Professional Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Professional Knowledge of Microsoft SQL, MySQL, or other Databases.
- Professional Knowledge of facility security systems
- Professional Knowledge of Network Monitoring servers; Nagios, MOM, Syslog.
- Professional Knowledge of Fibre SANS, NAS, SCSI, iSCSI, SATA and other storage networking
- Professional Knowledge of Windows SMB File servers, Unix NFS file servers, and Mac OSX AFP file servers
- Professional Knowledge of Backup Servers such as Symantec Backup Exec, VDP
- Professional Knowledge of Security filtering such as Websense Web Security and Data Security
- Professional knowledge of phone systems such as Avaya, Mitel
- Professional knowledge of Virtualization such as VMWare, Hyper-V
- Professional Knowledge of Helpdesk ticketing systems
- Working Knowledge of network distributed computing environments.
- Working Knowledge of Post-Production software such as Pro Tools, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Bash, Python, VBScript, Powershell)
Certificates & Licenses a plus
- CompTIA A+, Network+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP Certification
- Microsoft MCSE Certification
- Other, such as Unix (Solaris) or Linux (Red Hat) Administration
- Previous experience working in Media & Entertainment Industry a plus