1695 Adolfo Lopez Dr.
Job Category: System Engineer
Job Number: 19085
The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) will serve as an individual contributor and an integral part of the Infrastructure Shared Services Team for our client. The SSE is responsible for analyzing, designing, configuring, maintaining and repairing systems infrastructure and application components.
The SSE ensures the systems meet design standards and guidelines. This position acts as the company’ s systems architect: identification, investigation and selection of new software and hardware solutions required to implement the technology strategies approved by management.
Additionally, this position monitors, evaluates and performs diagnostics on the company’ s systems, related backups, DR systems, and other infrastructure systems. He/she will be responsible for the company’ s IT disaster recovery and related systems. This position will maintain, document, and train on all SAN/VSAN, VMware/virtual servers, physical servers, and all related systems as the senior technical resource within Infrastructure Shared Services. Backup technologies, replication, and advanced disaster recovery technologies will be deployed and managed by this resource.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Overall strong Systems background within Microsoft Windows (Windows 2008-2016)
- Hands on experience with design/support/management with VMware (current version 6.5)
- Any experience with design/support/management with SAN Technologies (NetApp, Compellent, Starwinds VSAN, etc.)
- Basic knowledge with networking as it relates to VMware.
- Experienced with backup and disaster recovery.
- Experience with DFS, Active Directory, and GPO’ s
- Possesses some level of Project Management experience to push and keep track of projects.
- Natural leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Technology driven and hands on.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s in Computer Science, computer information systems, or equivalent degree preferred or more than seven years of equivalent experience in system administration, support, or engineering
- Microsoft MCSE certifications preferred
- VMWare certifications (VCP, VCIX, VCDX preferred)
- Nutanix NCAP or NPX preferred
- ITIL Foundation certification