2041 Rosecrans Ave Suite 220
Job Category: System Engineer
Job Number: 19391
Who we are
We come to work every day with passion and intensity to deliver brilliant solutions to our clients, no matter the challenge. Founded in 1996, Prosum serves as a strategic IT partner for our clients by providing IT services across our three lines of business: Staffing, Managed Services and Consulting. Some of our amazing clients are AT&T/DIRECTV, Mattel, Riot Games, USC Keck Hospital, and Disney. We have a huge outreach of employees, contractors, alumni, clients and vendors, and we strive to provide them with a positive experience to maintain them as fans within our Prosum community.
Who you are
The Systems Engineer Supervisor within the Managed Services business unit is responsible for managing the activities and responsibilities of the Systems Engineer team. As a part of this, the Systems Engineer Supervisor is also responsible for providing high-level technical assistance to the team when needed.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Systems Engineer team.
- Improve usage of IT Support resources and increase productivity of the team.
- Communicate with all parties in a constructive manner to guarantee customer expectations are met.
- Maintain awareness of all outstanding customer issues both pre- and post-delivery and provide status to clients as necessary.
- Perform customer follow-up to verify final resolution and determine satisfaction level.
- Interface with appropriate technical personnel for customer problems that cannot be resolved effectively.
- Provide accurate reports and metrics to company management on status of on-going projects and agreements.
- Understand overall support objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- Drive problem investigation and resolution as required.
- Ensure that risks are identified, communicated, and mitigated and that services and projects are delivered successfully through to production.
- Design and maintain process documentation for the System Engineer team.
- Manage the process of implementing change efficiently and effectively.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Ensure consistency of existing systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Involvement in the design and building of new services.
- Mentor those with less experience.
- Develop training programs to develop and refine the skills of the field service and support team.
- Facilitate field service and support team meetings.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Enter all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets as they occur.
- Knowledge of IT applications, processes, software, and equipment.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Skill in strategic planning with an ability to think ahead and plan over a 6-12 month time span.
- Skill in planning and preparing written communications.
- Skill in leading people and getting results with a strong customer orientation.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Service awareness of all organization’ s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science, business administration or a related field.
- MBA/MS preferred but not required.
- 10 years of IT experience.
- 3 years of leadership experience.