Technical Analyst is a distribution application Subject Matter Expert. This includes liaison with the vendor, and being a go-to person for the end users, responsible for the server interface used by office and remote users, as well as a mobile component used by the field in order to provide day-to-day support and guidance.
This role will also support master data, monitor data integrations, perform what-if and testing scenarios, and participate in relevant project execution. key responsibilities
- Supports business managers with application functional questions and day-to-day actions
- Leads and actively participate in system and upgrade testing phases to insure compliance with business users’ requirements
- Provides hands-on support across a broad range of technical user problems, issues and other general questions
- Aids and trains users on proper use of processes and/or new technology
- Manages EDI and other system integrations and support processes associated with them
- Manages critical communications between systems
- Ensures data transfers from core systems are reliable and accurate
- Works closely under the guidance of the Technical Manager to create business cases and requirements for new projects and enhancements
- Participates in relevant additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
- Viewed both internally and externally as an application expert / SME and critical resource
- Assists in master data planning and execution
- Collaborates with multiple departments and handle multiple unrelated tasks concurrently
- Available for occasional after hours support (upgrades, network changes, server maintenance etc.)
- Other duties as may be assigned
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to interact and communicate with multiple departments and levels of users.
- Experience reading and working with EDI documents.
- Direct distribution experience desired, but not required.
- Critical Thinking
- The candidate must have strong root cause analysis skills; which involves the ability to diagnose, identify and summarize the identified problem/issue, then provide a recommended action plan for remediation within the scope of the application. - Strong communication skills
- Ability to determine and manage multiple project priorities and schedules
- Self-directed; requires limited oversight physical requirements
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Employee frequently is required to walk and sit.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds as needed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Travel up to 15%