811 Sonora Avenue
Job Category: Helpdesk Support
Job Number: 18974
Senior Technical Support Engineers (STSEs) interact with department management, animation production crews and other supporting departments to provide second tier technical support to the company’ s business unit. STSEs work closely with our technology vendors and our client’ s department' s production help desk technical coordinators to resolve multi-platform software and hardware problems for production, development and administrative users. Other duties/responsibilities for the role are:
- Leads troubleshooting complex production support situations. Leads support researching, testing and implementing optimized technical solutions for production users.
- Vendor troubleshooting
- Security profile management creation
- Special Issue tracking and qualification
- Multi-platform computer system management (Linux, Apple OS X and Windows):
- Security policy / access rights
- Remote control
- Application support
- Leverages array of software utilities to troubleshoot and streamline department services
- Understands production workflows and timelines.
- Measure, calibrate and validate color reference displays and OS parameters to meet the company’ s production requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management.
- Writes scripts as needed for automating processes.
- Functions as a point of support escalation within the Support Engineering group.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical discipline.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with (advanced troubleshooting and configuration experience) Linux or UNIX, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows based systems in a network environment.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with computer graphics/media applications
- 5 to 8 years in supporting computer systems in a large company/enterprise environment.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with network management and administration utilities in TCP/IP networking environment.
- Ability to script OS functions on Linux, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively - both written and verbally.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and can work with a diverse user community.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.