811 Sonora Avenue
Job Category: Helpdesk Support
Job Number: 19150
Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) for our client will interact with department management, animation production crews and other supporting departments to provide second tier technical support to the company' s business unit. TSEs work closely with our technology vendors and our department’ s production help desk technical coordinators to resolve multi-platform software and hardware problems for production, development and administrative users. Specific duties and responsibilities for the role include:
- Participates in researching, testing and implementing optimized technical solutions for production users.
- Multi-platform computer system management (Linux/UNIX, Apple OS X and Windows):
o Security policy/access rights
o Remote control
o Application support
- Leverages array of software utilities to troubleshoot and streamline department services.
- Understands production workflows and timelines.
- Measure, calibrate and validate color reference displays and OS parameters to meet the company' s production requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management.
- The ability to write “ light weight” scripts for automating processes is a plus.
- Participates in hardening new solutions for production solutions.
Qualifications for the Role:
- Bachelor’ s degree in a technical discipline.
- Must be able to follow directions and procedures.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with (advanced troubleshooting and configuration experience) Linux or UNIX, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows based systems in a network environment.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with computer graphics/media applications
- 3 to 5 years in supporting computer systems in a large company/enterprise environment.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with network management and administration utilities in TCP/IP networking environment.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.