17140 Avalon Blvd
Job Category: Desktop
Job Number: 19849
SUMMARY: Under general direction of the IT Manager, works closely with the IT staff and the organization’ s end users to provide prompt, efficient, in-house technical support for the agency’ s computing hardware and software. Position will provide Tier 1 support and be primary contact point for end-user support requests. Position will triage incoming requests to ensure timely resolution and correct ticket routing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides primary user support and troubleshooting for issues concerning end-point equipment (Computers, printers, phones, and other peripherals)
- Ensures all issues are documented via help desk ticketing system and are either resolved or escalated to other IT staff as needed. Provides regular performance reports of ticket activity to IT manager.
- Proactively identify computer problems; make recommendations and perform solutions.
- Handles moves/adds/changes of end-points, networking equipment, and associated cabling.
- Maintains inventory of all fixed assets and end-point equipment and updates fixed asset software as needed with equipment moves.
- Perform change management process of add/move/change user accounts and technology related services.
- Develops and maintains help desk procedural documentation.
- Provides and conducts user training and support for computer equipment and telephony systems.
- Ensure user account access and security are setup correctly and that appropriate applications and network resources (email, shares, printing) are available
- Provide training on software applications to technical and non-technical staff.
- Creates and maintains workstation images, including testing and delivery of operating system and application patches.
- Performs operational tasks (ie: data transfers, backups, and preventative maintenance) and assists with special projects as needed.
- Maintains physical inventory of all end-point equipment and software. Handles and documents the secure disposition of systems and data.
- Works with IT staff to research, develop, test, and implement new technologies and projects.
- Monitor/safeguard security of data accordance to agency compliance.
- Maintain excellent customer service delivery at all times.
- Perform as a member of a team, answering questions, sharing expertise, and generally contributing to the harmony of the team.
- Perform different or additional work as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’ s Degree in Computer Science and/or Information Technology from a regionally accredited school, or equivalent job experience. A combination of documented experience
- Certifications are a plus.
- Poses practical and current knowledge of the latest and developing technological innovations and system platforms including Microsoft Active Directory and related services.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose root-cause issues.
- Must have the ability to give oral presentations to groups on complex issues to technical and non-technical staff.
- Self-motivated and self-starting.
- Ability to follow oral and written direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Full use of an automobile, possession of a valid driver' s license and liability insurance for the minimum amount prescribed by law or ability to provide for independent transportation. Must have and maintain a safe driving record