1241 W Mineral Ave # 200
Job Category: UX Developer
Job Number: 19775
A UX Designer on the Product Design Team will be responsible for designing and maintaining positive user experiences for custom enterprise-class applications used by a variety of users with differing capabilities. This also applies to positive collaboration and interactions among their peers, team, customers and across multiple departments within the organization. The UX Designer will be working directly with product managers, developers, and testers and will need to be able to effectively articulate complex design decisions and analysis of the current problem(s) and solution(s) while promoting a balance between user empathy and business concerns.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- User-centered design thinking that is critical and focused on solving real problems.
- Being inquisitive and empathetic: Asking why and taking the appropriate steps to understanding the audience and the problem that needs to be solved.
- Ingeniously visualize, assess, and design effective user experiences.
- Support the design of intuitive user interfaces and engaging visual assets.
- Maintain, evangelize and continue to develop established user interface standards and Interaction pattern libraries (digital style guide).
- Create wire-frames and prototypes from functional and non-functional specifications.
- Collaborate with product management and development to define, design and refine user experiences.
- Provide guidance to quality assurance and user acceptance testing.
- Interact with internal and external users to validate and refine design concepts as well as elicit user needs and feedback.
- Be an important contributor of a Lean UX team.
- Participate as a member of an Agile Team.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- BS in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Web Design, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of principles and best practices of information architecture, interaction design and usability including: wireframe development, mockups, story boards, page layouts and site flows.
- Able to uncover customer needs through research; both from the end-user perspective and from our partners and stakeholders.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative user tests to validate assumptions, iterate designs, and improve usability.
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterate to enhance user experience (could be heuristic evaluations or simply running user testing and synthesizing findings into a hierarchy of needs)
- Understanding of user-centered design empathy and simplicity.
- Demonstrates understanding of web and mobile design and intuitive navigation schemes.
- Demonstrates ability to validate, present and defend solutions to a variety of stakeholders.
- Develop low to high-fidelity prototypes for socializing and testing UX solutions prior to development.
- Minimum of two years in UX and UI design.
- Proficient in using data and insights to drive design decisions.
- Significant experience with user-centered design processes and techniques.
- Understanding and experience with Responsive and Adaptive Web Design.
- Ability to research, implement, and report in an articulate, professional manner.
- Understanding of mobile experiences and designing for mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS frameworks like Bootstrap a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus.
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration and presentation skills.
- Ability to find and communicate simple solutions for solving complex problems.
- Willingness to learn, teach and collaborate across departments and audiences.
- Experience-based understanding of user-centered design, information design, browser requirements and capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Have organizational, analytical, and exceptional communication skills.
- Online portfolio and/or online or offline examples of past work and accomplishments encouraged.
- Ability to quickly adapt to an enterprise level Microsoft development environment (includes MVC, .NET, TFS, Visual Studio).
- Experience with WordPress a plus.
- Experience or Windows PC based working environment.