909 North Sepulveda Blvd
Job Category: UX Developer
Job Number: 19036
Our client is looking to add a full-time User Experience Researcher to the company’ s UX research team. We’ re looking for someone who can own the research process. This includes working with teams to understand research objectives, designing and conducting a study, and providing actionable recommendations. Research plays a consultative role, providing insights that are grounded in an understanding of the customer while guiding teams and stakeholders toward a design or business decision. Strong understanding of current research methodologies are required for this position, along with the creativity to develop new approaches when needed.
- Define and consolidate qualitative research, including evaluative research (remote and lab-based usability, concept testing, etc.), and generative research (field studies, interviews, etc.), to provide insights for requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design
- Work closely with partners across multiple product teams to clearly define and prioritize user research questions, then outline and schedule research studies
- Work with your mentor or manager to identify and recommend the best methods to answer UX product research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints
- Be accountable for running and ensuring the quality of user research within your area of focus
- Consolidate research findings into a short, concise, actionable recommendations product teams
- Ensure research is stored and accessible to all team members
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years of experience as a UX Researcher, in-house and team-based.
- Handle all aspects of research including study design, recruitment, facilitation, recommendations, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of qualitative methods and familiarity with quantitative research methods such as A/B testing and surveys.
- Communicate research findings and recommendations in a way that motivates teams to act.
- Self-directing and assertive, favor action over perfection.
- Mobile testing methods including both mobile web and apps.
- Ecommerce or marketplace experience a plus
- A degree in HCI, User-Centered Design, Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, or related field is preferred.
- Understanding of basic statistics
- Understanding of quantitative research practices, including data analytics and a/n testing
We want to see your work. In your portfolio, we' ll be looking for:
- Ability to communicate your ideas; be it slide decks, infographics, personas, sketching, or interpretive dance.
- What was the outcome of your work? Examples of how you impacted the product or business.
- Experience with a variety of products and platforms (responsive web, iOS, etc.)