Unix Systems Engineer
1. Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software on Unix servers.
2. Perform server administration functions, including configuring, installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware on Unix servers.
3. Analyze network and system resource utilization and implement solutions to correct problems to ensure all applications are accessible and functioning properly.
4. Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
5. Identify and recommend appropriate changes to infrastructure to improve performance, reliability and availability.
6. Build, maintain, and manage physical and virtual infrastructure as needed.
7. Manage enterprise backup/restore of critical business systems/services and performs periodic audits and restore testing.
8. Collaborate with Systems Administrators/Engineers and Network Engineers as needed.
9. Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
10. Provide 24/7 support of systems and applications in local and remote offices.
11. Conduct analysis and participate in implementation planning for new applications, as needed.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
6+ years of relevant enterprise experience, Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or Related field.
Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris and AIX
Virtualization: Vmware, Oracle VM and IBM Power VM
Hardware: Cisco UCS, Oracle Sparc, IBM Power
Active Directory/LDAP, Backup and Recovery, LAN/WAN, MPLS and VPN Network concepts, Load balancer, Enterprise Security, Enterprise Applications, Citrix and emerging Cloud technologies.
Certifications in the above listed technologies.