Job Category: VP
Job Number: 19214
Our client is looking for a VP of Human Resources that will partner with their North American Business Leadership Team with an aim of helping the business achieve the strategic business objectives. This is achieved through working with the managers and employees and collaborating with the SMEs within the HR function to define the people and organization strategies with the aim of addressing all areas of talent management including attraction, retention and motivation.
Typically Reports To: President & CEO
Typical Reports: Human Resource Manager(s), Senior Human Resources Representatives
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Aligns with the business strategy and drives the HR strategy and function within the overall corporate strategy and framework. Leads the Human Resources function and team in/for North America.
Coaching: Coach and influence Leaders from a people perspective, developing their people management/leadership skills and constructively challenging their behaviors/actions.
Performance Management: Promote performance management processes and policies by ensuring Leadership awareness of the return of investment to the business when applying proactive performance management solutions. Use key data source to analyze trends - provide recommendations and solutions to the business to improve their overall performance metrics.
Workforce Planning: Institutionalize processes to provide forecast and scenario data on business unit requirements.
Recruitment: Lead the formulation of the Recruitment business plan by working in partnership with the business leaders and managing the recruiting team to enable delivery of the plan/numbers by using most effective and efficient hiring options. Undertake and drive hiring of senior professional within the Business unit as required.
Compensation & Benefits: Play an active role in designing and implementing the compensation strategy in North America by closely working with the leadership team in NA and India. Activities will involve working with compensation agencies, participating in comp surveys, benchmarking company’ s compensation at an appropriate percentile with respect to market. Ensure all statutory benefits are rightly administered and complied with. Recommend benefits, within approved budgets, that give company an edge over its competitors. Encourages and drives practices which ‘ pay for performance’ and are also aligned with the company’ s Performance Management System.
Training & Development and OD: Ensure that Training & Development plans are aligned with the broader business/Operation’ s plans within North America and reflect best practice. These training would include induction, process, behavioral and leadership training. In consultation with corporate leader launch suitable OD interventions, through appropriate means, as required.
Employee Relations, Employee administration & Compliance: Ensure compliance to all statutory requirements of State/Federal laws and customary practices locally. Proactively advise the senior leadership on employee relations issues and concerns. Participate/ hold departmental enquiries for reported cases of indiscipline or misconduct. Recommend suitable action. Ensure total compliance of laws where redundancy or terminations is involved. Handle all employee administration work and guide the HR team.
Succession Planning Process: Drive Business Leaders to identify their candidates for Succession planning reviews. Activities include supporting the Business Leadership with Succession Planning, High Potentials and Emerging Talent. Provide feedback to the talent management team at Corporate Office.
Diversity: Provide leadership on company’ s global Diversity responsibility and expectations
Say-do Initiatives: Partner with the Business Leaders to deliver on the Say-Do mandates (commitment of North America Senior Leadership to Corporate Leadership). Say Do may include activities such as Business Transformation, Change Management, Organization Design.
ESAT: As and when appropriate take leadership in driving and coaching business leaders to take corrective actions in response to the annual ESAT results; consider and drive HR initiatives to improve overall ESAT.
Business/HR Required Projects: Facilitates short to medium term change initiatives and continuous improvement projects. Undertakes project work in support of the broader business organization and HR team.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Excellent relationship management at all levels and a high level of personal maturity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills. Strategic and operational planning capability
- Should be confident and effective in engaging with senior leadership
- Ability to appreciate financial numbers, statements and ability to handle financial budgets.
- Results driven with excellent Project/Program Mgt Skills
- Proven track record of success preferably IT/Telecom/BPO/Contact Center industry
- Experience in recruitment and selection, disciplinary and performance issues in compliance with local, national employment law directives across NA to identify trends, draw conclusions and evolve rewards strategy and programs in support of evolving business direction.
- Demonstrated experience in change management, organizational development, talent management
- Minimum of 12+ years of HR related experience out of which least 3 to 5 years of experience in leading HR professionals is essential. Experience of heading HR function will be an advantage.
- Experience of working in global teams and matrix organizations
- Experience of working with HR teams in Asia region will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification in HR like CHRP or an equivalent OR Post Graduate degree in Business Administration/Human resources (MBA)