909 North Sepulveda Blvd
Job Category: VP
Job Number: 19572
Our client is seeking a VP of Software Engineering for one of its fastest growing business units. This role’ s primary responsibilities are to oversee multiple development teams, own the technical direction of the product suite, and ensure the successful delivery of product releases. Elements for success include a strong background in mentoring and providing leadership to a growing development staff, providing strong project management skills that result in meeting or beating timelines, meeting or exceeding standards of quality, and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Manage project variables, namely scope, delegation and timeline.
- Product architecture.
- Develop, mentor, train, manage and support the development team. Document and communicate project requirements.
- Manage code review and code quality improvement processes.
- Work with product and business to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Facilitate product support training and user acceptance testing.
- Perform post-implementation review of the system with the users.
- Work to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans to oversee completion.
- Contribute to documentation such as functional specifications, budget estimates, and timelines.
- Own and collaborate with stakeholders on platform architecture.
Requirements for the Role:
- Strong track record of leadership and technological innovation and success
- Experience developing scalable consumer internet applications.
- Minimum 8 years of experience building and managing high performance software teams, including experience managing multiple concurrent programs or projects.
- Experience using and building SOA.
- Working knowledge of Java, .Net, PHP or Ruby. Prior hands-on development experience required.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and process improvement methodologies. Strong knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies.
- Unix/Linux knowledge.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Ability to travel 1 week per month.