5670 Wilshire Boulevard, 22nd Floor
Job Category: VP
Job Number: 19655
Vice President, Software Engineering
High level job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee all of software engineering, including Development and Quality Assurance of 50+ people, ensuring alignment with Product Development, defining metrics to measure team success, and remaining accountable for the team’ s results.
- Lead the team to continuously improve the SDLC within an agile/scrum environment to maximize quality and velocity while delivering customer value through multiple concurrent projects, on time and within budget.
- Work closely with Product Development to execute on a shared roadmap.
- Ensure prompt responses to urgent issues that are client and revenue impacting within established SLAs.
- Foster a culture of ownership and responsibility for our products within and across teams.
- Employ industry best practices to drive innovation, address technical debt and advance system architecture, improve processes while meeting Product objectives.
- Serve as a mentor to Engineering Managers and Tech Leads in their career development.
- Represent the technology team, partnering with product, operations, client relations, etc. in cross-company initiatives and issues.
- Recruit and retain top-level talent to scale teams while maintaining performance, quality, and best practices.
- Provide ongoing visibility to the CTO and executive management.
- Actively contribute to technology selections and architectural direction.
Required qualifications include:
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering with increasing responsibilities.
- 5+ years of experience in leadership/management roles, including experience managing and motivating other managers and multiple disciplines.
- 5+ years hands on experience architecting/developing SaaS product lines within highly available, complex technical infrastructures
- Extensive prior work with Java-based software stacks and enterprise architecture.
- 2+ years delivering products using Agile software development with direct experience using Scrum/Kanban.
- A proven track record of maintaining a workplace that attracts and retains top engineering talent.
- Previous experience aligning software engineering within a product-driven environment.
- Prior experience coordinating with Compliance/Info-Sec in a highly-regulated industry with routine audits, preferably PCI-DSS.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with both highly-technical teams and non-technical business leaders.
- Strong attention to detail with prior experience developing KPI’ s and metrics
- Professional, hands-on, team-oriented attitude with sound judgment and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’ s degree in the field of computer science or engineering.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Payments / eCommerce experience in a B2B space.
- Recent, practical knowledge of contemporary Java and related tech such as Spring Webflux, Kafka, Kong, MySQL, MongoDB, and Angular.
- Implemented microservices, public-facing APIs, and event-driven architecture.
- Worked with infrastructure-as-code toolchains such as Openstack, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.