18000 Devonshire Street
Job Category: IOS
Job Number: 18970
As a Senior Mobile App Software Engineer, you will work under the guidance of an engineering manager and collaborate with the system architects to develop and test Mobile Apps. Responsibilities include developing, testing, and maintaining the software for either Android or iOS Apps. You will apply knowledge of software design and V&V methods to develop and test safety critical, fault tolerant apps.
KEY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- You are familiar with software engineering best practices for either iOS Mobile software development and design patterns.
- You can interpret, understand, and provide feedback on software requirements for a project. This includes performing requirement analysis to determine completeness and compliance with software system. You can work with requirement management tools.
- You can write and execute unit tests for mobile apps and components.
KEY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- You enjoy coaching others on software development and can provide constructive feedback to improve other’ s implementations and designs
- You are willing and able to learn a new technology and assist junior developers
- You can identify the root cause of complex problems and solve them by determining the most appropriate fix
- You hold yourself accountable on delivering your commitments on schedule
- You have a desire to help improve patient’ s lives and will hold yourself accountable to the rigors of developing software for medical devices
- You demonstrate accountability for your decisions and can articulate rationale without being defensive
- You view mistakes as learning opportunities and support an environment of continuous improvement
- Develops code using a back-end for front-end design pattern.
- Working in Agile development cycle such as Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Determines systems software design requirements.
- Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering/Sciences field
- 4+ years of experience of designing and developing mobile applications or 2+ years of experience of designing and developing mobile applications and Master’ s Degree
- Experience with cross-platform technologies such as Flutter and React Native.
- Experience working with Git, Bitbucket and JIRA.
Nice to Have:
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Database experience on mobile devices.
- Good understanding of Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE protocols and standards.
- Highly motivated, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience translating product requirements into design specifications.
- Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code.
- Ability to effectively present information to team members and management, customers and prospects.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize the workload to meet deadlines and work objective. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Is reliable in work habits. Able to organize and self-direct execution of tasks/duties.
- Experience in medical software development process such as IEC 62304 or other regulated software development is a plus.