1) Provide z/OS operating system (parallel sysplex) support for two large CICS / DB2 mainframes (along with associated disaster recovery) - processing 25 million CICS transactions / day.
2) Perform standard system programming activities like: hardware configuration, installation & maintenance using SMP/E, and vendor software installations in the IBM mainframe environment.
3) Support storage management, performance tuning, capacity planning, security, networking and operating procedures.
4) Build and support automation to prevent, resolve or detect problems. 5) Work with technical, operations and application development staff to enhance the mainframe environment.
5) Participate in software deployments and various support functions as defined by the department manager.
6) Possess interpersonal skills needed to foster good relations with business and development users.
1) Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting IBM mainframe operating system environments.
2) Proven experience in administering related software products, including installing maintenance and new releases.
3) Demonstrated experience with SMP/E, ServerPac, TSO/ISPF, SMF and RMF.
4) Familiarity with CICS, DB2 and WebSphere MQ.
5) Strong customer service and follow-up skills.
*Nice to have*:
1) Experience with the mainframe z/VM operating system and/or running SuSE or RedHat Linux on the mainframe.
2) Experience with installing or administering IBM Integration Bus (formerly MQ Message Broker) and/or Operational Decision Manager.
3) Ability to learn new software and technologies.